Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 9

So now we're at 9 business days since I stopped working at my company.   Still no interviews yet.  Been watching job postings and sending out resumes.  The last two days were mostly spent with family and getting things done though.  Now it's time to get back on the job train and look some more.

Funny thing though, went out to my neice's performance at a school thing.  Just a small elementary school performance the kids were putting on for their parents.  Was really cute, although I did emerge with a migraine afterwards.  When the performance broke up, the kids returned to their native screaming state.  I'm amazed by elementary school teachers.  They must chug back the advil every day.

Anyways, that's not the funny part, the funny part was I ran into a co-worker from my previous employment there.  He's since left that company as well and it was nice to meet up and chat for a minute.  Here's where it gets even more ironic, his wife worked at the company I worked at BEFORE I went to this last job.

Hope that made sense... I'm not naming company names since I'd rather not get sued if I say something accidentally that puts me in someone's crosshairs.  But yeah, it's a small world.

I'm also feeling pretty darn good today, I just read the press release for the play I'm involved in; "Children of a Lesser God" .  Apparently my director liked an email I wrote to her about the press release, and used the entire paragraph as the starting paragraph to the press release.

Hey I may not be a published author yet, but now I have one paragraph in print!

No comments:

Post a Comment