Saturday, October 23, 2010

Weekend #1

The weekend's here!  Yay!  Even thought I'm not working, it's still a weekend for me.  I don't have to worry about missing a phone call, and pretty much every business I'm trying to get work in is down for the weekend.

Yesterday was nuts.  I drove the wife to work and once I got home my head was just pounding.  I lay down for 45 minutes and when I woke up, I noticed I had missed a call on my cell...  Some tech company called me.  Was it for work?  I don't know, they never did leave a message.  That sucked.

I spent a little time on the computer, writing and checking around, and then I had to run out and do errands for the wife, and meet up with a friend for lunch.  After that, I finally got back to the house and my head was hurting again and I was exhausted.  I tried to rest a little bit.  After 15 mins, I couldn't fall asleep, so I checked my mail.

Good news - I finally got my Record of Employment.  This whole EI thing has been pretty simple so far.  Not what I expected.  I once almost applied for EI back in '98 but the whole thing was so overwhelming I never did collect anything.  I still haven't gotten anything from EI in the way of money, but we'll see how it goes.  I've heard enough horror stories to be a little wary of depending on it.  As it was, I got my ROE so I headed down to the service Canada office, in 5 minutes I had it handed in and was on my way to Safeway to get groceries for supper.

I was rather surprised it was that quick and painless.

It may not sound like I did much yesterday, but it seems driving in Calgary can eat up alot of productivity time in the day.  I felt like I did far more on Thursday than I did yesterday.

Today's going to be nice though.  We've already did house cleaning, and I also cleaned up the hard drive.  Now I just have to get some writing done, rack my wine, and tonight I'm having a campfire with a few friends... A nice end to the week.  See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment