Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 37

So.... Tuesday.

Still working through a bit of a funk.  Although, I've been writing pretty prolifically lately.  Whenever my muse strikes me, I've stopped and sat down to write, whether on my blackberry, or on the laptop if it's handy.  Probably part of it comes from feeling a little down at times, and the other part comes from having re awoken an artistic side I had too long ignored until the play.

Still going through the A Plus stuff, I have to stop procrastinating and book an exam.  I'll probably do that at some point today.

Anyways...  This morning after dropping off Jana and her friend I was driving and thinking how much our lives are like stain glass windows.  Each window tells a story about our past.  The only people who ever get to see these windows are ones we've let into our hearts.  I think it's a beautiful idea, I really liked it... Anyways, I wrote this;

Stained glass windows,
Fill every corner of my heart,
The light they let in,
The story you see.

Though you cannot peek outside,
The stained glass windows,
Tell the story of me.

Every pane of that window,
Tells a lesson I've learned,
And places I've gone,
Every shadow holds a fear that's in me.

So many stained glass windows,
They're part of my soul,
They're as fragile as any can be,
With a careless movement,
Or a misspoken word,
They shatter so easily.

Take care to admire,
If you look in my soul,
Tread softly and carefully,
With my stained glass windows,
I'll pour out my heart,
Its not shown so carelessly.


I should probably say it's a work in progress...  I think it's a little rough.  And Jana thinks it's a little dark.

Oh well.  I still like it anyways.


Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment