Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Adoption

Well, Titanic's wrapped up and I'm out of theater for a week.  Next week I'll be working on Joseph's technicolor coat.

In the meantime I'm back to studying for my A+ and getting things done around the home.

Yesterday exciting developments happened.  We got a call from our adoption agency and we've been matched up with a birth mother.  Sometime soon we'll be meeting her.  We may well be parents as soon as April.  3 months away.

So as you can imagine, it's pretty crazy for us.

Lots of thoughts go through our heads...  What will name the baby?  Is it a girl or a boy?  What health challenges will it have?  How will our lives change once we have a baby in the house?  What will it be like as we raise it?

It's an exciting time.  I'm sure it sounds absolutely pedestrian to some, and it happens to parents the world over when they have their first child...  For us, it's very exciting, as my wife hasn't been able to have a child of our own.  To suddenly be gifted with a child, only a few months around the corner...  It's an amazing time for us.

So I better get my studying down pat and done, because in 3 months, I may be very very busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment