Thursday, May 23, 2013

Peace and Politics

  Well last night was good. Got supper with my family before my wife went off to work. Had to run down to my wife's work to give her insulin that she had forgotten.  I even got my daughter to try playing Kingdom Hearts on the PS2 which I ended up playing for her as she cuddled in my arms.

  All in all a good night.

  I think I must express where some of my writing on Christianese came from yesterday. I'm not sure if I was clear enough.

  Someone on a forum that I'm part of quipped "well he's not much of a kingdom man..." which irked me.
What is a Kingdom man?  Is this a soldier? A warrior? A little king?  And what kingdom are we talking about? Yes I'm being factitious.  I know very well what she meant by it but I'm sure the vast majority of america doesn't. In addition its just such an ignorant phrase.

  She would've been better off just saying "He's not a very good man. " and that would've been easily communicated and understood. This need for christians to use this ghetto language of religion is the height of idiocy. I often wonder if they even realize what they're saying. The desire for religious sounding words is nothing more than religious pride and is useless as it is showy.  Let's just say what we mean, and mean what we say.

Anyways...

How to Have Peace in Politics


  Last night I had an interesting discussion with my brother. He's a union man and is pretty down on the current Canadian government.  I grew up in a very politicaly minded household.  My family was raised on conservative values and very much wanted to see a government that was conservative run our Country.

  My political conciousness began during the Mulroney years.  Our economy was in the tank and things were rough for people all around.  My family really believed in the Reform Party.  We went to rallys and talked politics as a family.  I would watch every election, hoping that Canada would wake up and vote for great changes!

   I'm 36 now.  I've pissed people off on politics.  I love political debate and watching the tallies come in.  It doesn't matter what level of government, I find it fascinating.

   In the last few years, I've been struck with how pointless it is though.  Growing up, I thought, "If we just got a true conservative in there!"  And then in the 90s it was "If we only got the Liberals out!  We can fix Canada!"

   Now we DO have a Conservative in.  Even in Municipal government I was all "If we only got Nenshi into govern our city!  He beats all contenders!".  For our provincial election last year I had my heart set on the Wildrose Alliance.  All the polls were showing that things were going my way this time.  Allison would be tossed out on her ass.

  The final 2 weeks changed everything.  Insanity ensued and of course, a corrupt government took over our province and now we're hurting like a baby with a bad diaper rash.  It's not going away anytime soon either.

  I began to realize how completely futile politics and government are.  Mankind is simply incapable of good government.  The voters are like sheep, scurrying wherever they please.  It baffled me until I began to see it in a spiritual perspective.

Daniel 2:20-22 from the NIV says;
20 ....“Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
    wisdom and power are his.
21 He changes times and seasons;
    he deposes kings and raises up others.
He gives wisdom to the wise
    and knowledge to the discerning.
22 He reveals deep and hidden things;
    he knows what lies in darkness,
    and light dwells with him.

  It is God who chooses who rules and who does not.  The voters hearts are in the hands of God.  The system is in the hands of God.  Indeed, God is in control of all things.  Jesus himself recognized this when he faced Pilate 

John 19:10-11
10 Pilate, then, is saying to Him, "To me you are not speaking! Are you not aware that I have authority to release you and have authority to crucify you?"
11 Jesus answered him, "No authority have you against Me in anything, except it were given to you from above...

  Jesus remained incredibly calm in the face of authority because he knew all leadership was from God above.  There was no authority over him that was not put there by God.

  God has a plan, he has a purpose and an ultimate destination that he is taking everything to.  If you can get behind that.  You will find an incredible amount of peace.  None of this is strange, people are not stupid, the world is not off the rails.  This is all happening according to God's plan.

  What plan is that?  To show how utterly futile man is at ruling.  We can do nothing apart from God, and the more we men try to rule ourselves the more of a mess we make of it.  Just look at history, every single system of Government has fallen apart because it is man who is in charge.

From King David, to the present.  Every single time.  There may be a golden age, but the wheels have always fallen off, every. single. time.

  So what should we do?  Pray for the people in Government, they're but unwitting pawns unaware of the situation they are in.

Daniel 4:17
17 “‘The decision is announced by messengers, the holy ones declare the verdict, so that the living may know that the Most High is sovereign over all kingdoms on earth and gives them to anyone he wishes and sets over them the lowliest of people.’

  Did you get that?  Our leaders are "the lowliest of people" they need your prayers.

I'm out of time here.  God bless, and I hope this brings some peace to your heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment