Monday, June 24, 2013

Talking Crazy

  Things are a little crazy around here lately so I won't have time to get deep into theology right now.  I did want to talk about one thing though.

  I had a few conversations with family this weekend about my blog and the topics on it.  I got a chance to explain things in greater depth.  Apparently, verbalizing things seems to make it easier for some people to grasp what I'm talking about.  When before they thought I was a nutjob, after talking and explaining precisely the context and meaning of my doctrine - they realize I'm not so insane after all.

   So, if you have any questions, or need any clarification on anything I've written.  Please don't be afraid to ask questions.  I realize that some of these things are difficult to understand.  In fact a King accused Paul of being insane once;

Acts 26:24
24 Now, as he is making this defense, Festus is averring with a loud voice, "You are mad, Paul! Much scripture is deranging you to madness!"

And Peter himself even warned the first century church;

2 Peter 3:15-16
15 And be deeming the patience of our Lord salvation, according as our beloved brother Paul also writes to you, according to the wisdom given to him,
16 as also in all the epistles, speaking in them concerning these things, in which are some things hard to apprehend, which the unlearned and unstable are twisting, as the rest of the scriptures also, to their own destruction.

These things ARE hard to understand at first, but once grasped yield a flood of peace and glory.

Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment