Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Cleaning House

So my wife and I have our hands full.  We've accumulated so much stuff in our house we are now putting things together for a garage sale.  I'm not sure which weekend we'll do it, probably August long weekend.

I'm pulling out bins, and looking through shelves and trying to minimize the amount of junk we have.

I also visited the doctor yesterday.  Good news, the dizziness and balance issues are not a permanent thing.  She got all the blood work and everything that the ER did on me in her file.  I'm now on a drug that is supposed to reduce the number of migraines I get.  Which will also help me with my balance issues.

Unfortunately, today I'm SO tired.  My mind is a little foggy so it's hard to stay awake and put thoughts together.

I don't have quite as much to say today as a result.

However, I'm studying some stuff on my own.  Doing some reading, and continually challenging my belief structure and preconceived notions that the Church has often reinforced.  I have literally scared myself some of the things I've come to question.  I'm holding to the belief that no matter how treacherous   How scary, or challenging a truth is.  The truth WILL set you free.

John 8:31-32
31 Jesus, then, said to the Jews who have believed Him, "If ever you should be remaining in My word, you are truly My disciples,
32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will be making you free."


Truth is a light in darkness that brings illumination.  For eyes that have sat in darkness so long, light can be so extremely painful.  Yet once those eyes adjust, what is revealed often brings change.

I am discovering that that change may not always be manifestly obvious; but it brings understanding.  It tells me who I am, what my role is, and eventually often brings peace that only the confidence of clarity can bring.

Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment