Friday, September 18, 2015

The Only Thing That Matters

1 Cor 13
4 Love is patient, is kind. Love is not jealous. Love is not bragging, is not puffed up,
5 is not indecent, is not self-seeking, is not incensed, is not taking account of evil,
6 is not rejoicing in injustice, yet is rejoicing together with the truth,
7 is forgoing all, is believing all, is expecting all, is enduring all.


I have a confession to make.  I think about God all the time.  When I wake up, He is the One I ponder.  When I drive to work, He is the One I look for in the skies.  When I move throughout my day He is never far from me.  Even when I lay my head down at night, He is the one I long for.  In fact, it's fair to say He is my dearest one and I look forward to fully knowing Him and He has planned.

Why would any sane person feel this way?  I know some will see it strange, but let me tell you a little bit about Him.

You see the passage I just quoted?  It describes Him to a tee.  Anything that contradicts those verses?  You can be sure are lies.  Father is deeply, passionately in love with us.  Every single one of us.  Whether you believe in the Body of Christ, or are a part of the inheritance of Israel.  Whether you are an unbeliever of any other kind of faith - he is deeply involved in every part of your life.  You may not know this, you may be a complete stranger to Him, but believe me - He is no stranger to you.

See, whether you believe Him or not, whether you have all the right doctrine or not, we will all ultimately end up in the same place together.

1 Cor 15
28 Now, whenever all may be subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also shall be subjected to Him Who subjects all to Him, that God may be All in all.

Father will ultimately be ALL in ALL.  Not just ALL in some, but ALL in ALL.  This is where the grand drama of the ages is leading.  Whatever you know, or think you know matters little.  Eventually the only thing that matters is His love and that He will become your All.

Not that truth doesn't matter.  It matters a great deal.  Truth brings freedom, lies bring bondage.  Truth guides us to Father, Lies will pull us away.

The glorious fact of the matter is - no matter what path you're on - we will finally, ultimately, be reunited in HIM.

PS. 

In case I'm not clear on this.  I did write it later in the evening.  My point in a nutshell is this; regardless of whether you are called or not, where ever you end up in the eonian times; God loves each and everyone of us and will eventually become your ALL.


When I wrote this I was thinking of how unbelievers view the GWT with such terror and apprehension.   All they know of God is judgment because that is what the world tells then.   They have absolutely no understanding that He is LOVE entire.  All his purposes and plans for each one of us is deeply rooted in that love. 

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this article in so many ways. Before being brought to the truth, I felt I was suppose to feel the way I now do about God, but did not. Once I knew the truth, God was and is on my mind all the time. It is all so natural now. There is real freedom in truth. Thank you Travis for this article. Please continue to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. I will definitely try to write whenever I learn something worth sharing. :)

      Delete